Mmmmmm…. pancakes – who doesn’t love them??? There are so many different ways to make pancakes, someone could write a whole book – say, there’s an idea!!
I didn’t really have to alter anything – I like this recipe as is!
As for my tip – I learned it from my Russian grandmother. She was amazing in the kitchen, cooking the most delicious dishes!! I loved visiting her every summer in Moscow. Check out the instructions…
Oatmeal-Banana Pancakes: Serving size: 2 pancakes – 230 kcal
- 1 cup milk (recipe calls for Almond milk, I used lactose-free, low-fat milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups rolled oats (can be gluten-free)
- your choice of toppings 🙂
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Here’s my tip for greasing pans: take a small, raw potato. Wash it and cut it in half. Discard 1 half. Peel the other half so that there is no skin on the edges of the potato half and stick it on a fork. Pour a small amount of oil into a bowl, dip the potato (cut side down) into the oil and smear it onto the pan. This way you don’t get too much oil on your pan (and thus onto your pancakes), while the pan is still greased enough so that nothing burns 🙂
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and blend until smooth. Now you can check the consistency. If you think it’s too thick, you can always add more milk (I did).
- Pour about 1/4 cup onto the pan, wait until small bubbles form on the top and golden-brown on bottom, then flip and brown the other side.
- Do the same with the remaining batter.
- Top with your favorite toppings – my husband ate these with Nutella, while I had one with peanut butter, the other with strawberry yogurt.
Talk about easy pancakes!!