Welcome to the middle of my first week planning and tracking meals! Here is what I’ve learned already:
- If I’m lucky enough to have a mid-morning nap (which happens after nights when I sleep 4 hours or less), then it’s usually about an hour somewhere between 8 and 10am so I have a late breakfast and skip my first snack…
- I need to focus on PORTION SIZES!!! Clean and healthy eating is for sure important, but so is portion size… and over-estimating portion size leads to a big jump in calories!!
- My 3 main meals of the day should be between 300-500 calories, while snacks should be up to 200 calories.
- I can treat myself to something extra, even on a daily basis, but it shouldn’t be more than 200 calories.
Tuesday (total: 1701 calories):
- Large bowl of granola/muesli + 12g goji berries + 100g banana + milk
- Coffee + milk
- Pearl barley (50g dry) + 75g spinach + 30g sunflower sprouts + 1 tomato + 133g canned tuna + 87g canned corn + 66g Greek yogurt light
- 293g pineapple and 337g canary melon bowl
- Frittata: 2 eggs + 2 tsps ricotta + handful of kale + 1/4 bell pepper
I must admit that I’m not so good at organizing meal plans according to appropriate calories. But hey, I’m trying!! And I’ll get there, I promise you!
I know that the calorie count today is low but I seriously wasn’t walking around hungry or anything!!
- 2 hard boiled eggs + 2 thin slices of cheese + 2 pieces rye bread + lamb’s lettuce + 28g Greek yogurt light + radishes
- coffee + mik
- 1 medium apple
- 150g Pork meat + brown rice (50g dry) + carrots + 1/2 avocado
- 1 1/2 cups of Herbed zucchini soup (find the recipe here)
- 1 glass of red wine (We had a nice evening 🙂
Speaking of walking, since it was a rainy first half of the day, I didn’t get in my daily 3 hour walk with baby. But after my 9 year old came home from school, we went to the bball court just outside our apt building so he could shoot some hoops and hubby and I walked round the area with baby (who am I kidding, of course we also shot some hoops, for the good old days when we were young and good at basketball).